I love a good movie but admittedly I don’t have much patience for award shows. That being said however, I’m also a sucker for a good success story and the Academy Awards is full of them. Somehow, some way – every one of these folks made their way to "Hollywood". To acting. To a profession where the odds of success relative to the number of folks dreaming of being actors is slim to none and yet, here they were.
I wonder how many times their friends and/or family said:
- You’ll never make it.
- Get a real job.
- Make sure you have something to fall back on.
I wonder how many casting calls they went on where:
- They DIDN’T get the job.
- Someone told them they would "never make it in this business"
- How many Ramen noodles they had to eat
- How many times they didn’t get the job they really wanted
- If they ever froze on stage
- How many times they flubbed their lines
- If they ever "lost" a gig
- How many times they almost quit
I don’t know the answers to a lot of these questions and I never will but I do know that all these people had three things in common:
- They had persevered in their career
- They had achieved some measure of success (whether they won or not)
- They had a lot of choices to make on their journey
Are you getting it?
You were born to be GREAT.
YES, you can!